At BIG Travels and Logistics Services, we know the importance of privacy to our customers. We thus created this Privacy Notice to make sure our customers and potential customers understand how we collect and use your personal information for reservations and delivery of our products and services.
THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT, AND HOW WE COLLECT THEM
We collect information from you, directly and through third parties, in accordance with this Privacy Notice any time you contact us, interact with us in person, through our services or on third-party platforms, or use our websites, products or services. If you do not provide the information we request, we may not be able to provide our products or services to you.
- Some of the information we collect can personally identify you, including, for example, your name and contact information, birthdate, government identification, payment information, whether you are a part of a corporate or rewards program, payment arrangements and information related to your rentals or use of products or services we provide or enable. For example, when you make a reservation, we collect your personal information such as: your name and contact information; birthdate; driver license and other appropriate government identification; payment information, including credit or debit card information (we may collect card number and expiration dates when you make a payment, but we do not keep them); information to process your discounts and other information that may be necessary to rent you a vehicle, provide you with services, contact you about these services or verify your identity.
- We may record or monitor any call you make to us for quality control, to enforce our rights, or for training or similar purposes. We may collect photos and videos in some instances, such as when you choose to share them with us in connection with one of our optional membership services or on social media or when we receive a notice of a traffic violation that includes a picture or video. Our rental offices may also be equipped with cameras and/or video security surveillance systems.
- We may collect information about relevant health conditions when necessary to provide adaptive or convenient driving devices or services for you.
- We may collect information about your location from our websites, your mobile devices, and your visits to our locations. You may opt out of our collection of information about your location from mobile devices at any time by turning off transmission of geolocation data and push notifications on each of your mobile devices.
- We may also at times connect certain location-related Connected Car Data to you.
HOW INFORMATION IS USED
We use your information to:
- fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, such as to create your account, process your transaction or respond to your inquiry;
- operate, maintain, and provide you with our websites, products and services;
- recognize you and remember your information when you return to our websites and services;
- verify your identity and confirm the authenticity of your identity documents;
- provide you with additional services or functionalities (for example, to facilitate contactless rentals, to provide remote lock/unlock, to remote disable engine/cancel ignition, and to automatically receive the vehicle location, odometer, fuel level and other information in connection with your rental);
- administer your rental, manage your rental records and to calculate your fees (for example, to automatically record the start of your rental, any exchange or upgrades, and the fuel or mileage usage and charges);
- communicate information regarding your reservation or rental. These communications are transactional or service related and will be sent via email, text, push notification or phone calls;
- diagnose problems, analyze trends, and assess our performances;
- provide roadside assistance;
- provide you with discounts;
- improve our operations and services;
- better understand our customers’ preferences;
- better understand how our vehicles are being used;
- tailor and personalize our services, promotions and offers to our customers, including targeted offers and ads relevant to your interests through our websites, third-party sites, or on other devices you may use;
- testing, training, research, analysis and development of our products and services;
- maintain our fleet;
- recover lost, stolen or towed rental vehicles;
- interact with you in person, through our services, via email, text message, push notification, phone calls or on third-party platforms (such as social media sites);
- provide you with, and improve, relevant marketing (including via email, direct mail, phone or text message) or offers from us and our partners, and to inform our advertising and marketing campaigns;
- enable third-party vehicle applications and services;
- improve road safety and reduce traffic;
- respond to legally binding requests from law enforcement, regulatory authorities or other third parties;
- maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our or another’s premises, property, services or other assets, including ABG vehicles, technology assets and business;
- defend, protect or enforce our rights or applicable terms of service;
- prevent fraud or the recurrence of fraud;
- assist in the event of an emergency; and
- comply with applicable law.